What is WEFTEC?
WEFTEC®, the Water Environment Federation’s Annual Technical Exhibition and Conference, is the largest conference of its kind in North America and offers water quality professionals from around the world with the best water quality education and training available today. Also recognized as the largest annual water quality exhibition in the world, the expansive show floor provides unparalleled access to the most cutting-edge technologies in the field; serves as a forum for domestic and international business opportunities; and promotes invaluable peer-to-peer networking between its more than 17,000 attendees.
WEFTEC has shown continual growth for both the technical program and exhibition. WEFTEC 2012, which was held at the New Orleans Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, Louisiana featured a world-class technical program of 148 technical sessions with over 1,000 presentations, 24 workshops, seven local facility tours, and several high profile events as well as hosted an estimated 980 exhibitors occupying more than 285,000 net square feet of space on the show floor.
WEFTEC 2013 will be held at the McCormick Place in Chicago, Illinois from October 5 - 9, 2013.
Top 5 Reasons Why YOU Should Attend WEFTEC:
- Learn from your peers about the latest practices, technologies, solutions and regulations in the water quality field.
- Choose from a comprehensive list of technical sessions, workshops and facility tours from 13 technical tracks to design your own learning experience.
- Earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs) by participating in workshops, earn Professional Development Hours (PDHs) by attending technical sessions, and earn Contact Hours by participating in tours and for time spent in the WEFTEC Exhibition.
- Network with over 17,000 of the world’s leading water and wastewater professionals.
- View the latest, cutting-edge technologies from more than 1,000 leading companies at the largest annual water quality exhibition in the world.
Who Comes to WEFTEC?
WEFTEC draws thousands of water and wastewater professionals from around the world each year, including:
- Collection Systems Managers
- District Managers
- Environmental Engineers/Chemists/Scientists
- Equipment Manufacturers and Representatives
- Executive Managers
- Industrial Water and Wastewater Treatment Professionals
- Local, State, and Federal Regulators
- Private Industry and Academia Researchers
- Public Officials
- Water and Wastewater Utility Managers
- Water and Wastewater Operators, and many more.
What Makes WEFTEC a Leading Source in Water Quality?
A wide range of topics and focus areas allow attendees to design their own, unique learning experience while earning up to 35 contact hours for continuing education units and 9 professional development hours. An increasing number of abstract submittals from experts in the water quality field results in a world-class technical program of technical sessions and workshops that addresses a diverse and comprehensive list of contemporary water and wastewater issues and solutions including:
- Collection Systems - Management, operations and maintenance, infrastructure, overflow reduction, wet weather planning, watershed approaches, and regulations
- Membrane Technologies - Application in wastewater and water reuse, innovations, enhanced performance, regulatory compliance
- Plant Operations and Treatment - Innovations, technologies, processes, and proven solutions in water and wastewater treatment; including nutrient removal and odor control
- Regulations - CMOM/SSO Rules, TMDL/Watershed Rules, Nutrient Trading, and NPDES Phase II
- Research - Leading edge process applications in water and wastewater treatment and recent developments
- Residuals & Biosolids - Incineration, disposal, reuse through land application, research, regulations, politics, and public perception
- Utility Management - Asset Management and financial planning for infrastructure, technology, regulatory compliance, and security; including environmental management systems (EMS)
- Water Reuse/Recycling - Research, regulations, emerging technologies, proven processes
- Water Quality & Watershed Management - Stormwater, wet weather, and watershed issues
Since its formation in 1928, WEF has been holding annual meetings to provide a forum for knowledge and technology exchange within the water and wastewater fields. Since then, WEFTEC has not only grown in the size of exhibits and technical sessions, but has become one of the world’s leading water quality conferences.
In 1941, the then-known Annual Conference featured 5 sessions, 13 technical papers and an attendance of 556. By the 1970s, attendance had grown to 8,716 and featured 37 sessions with 146 technical papers. Growing steadily through the 1980s and 1990s, the conference continues to set new technical program and exhibition records each year. Renamed WEFTEC in 1994 to increase both domestic and international recognition, WEF’s annual exhibition has been ranked in the top 1% of all trade shows in North America for the past five years and counting!
With all that WEFTEC has to offer it is the clear choice for anyone interested in learning and sharing more about the latest in water quality developments, research, regulations, solutions and cutting-edge technologies. Don’t miss your opportunity to be a part of the WEFTEC Experience today!